Policies / documents can be viewed here –
- GDPR Explained: Children’s Poster
- NHS BSA (Prescription Authority): NHSBSA GDPR Poster A4 (V0.2) 03.2018
- Privacy Information Leaflet: Privacy Information Leaflet
- Privacy Notice & Fair Use Policy: Fair use policy patients
- Subject Access Request (SARs) Form: Subject Access Request SARs form
- Subject Access Request policy (full): Subject Access Request (SARs) full policy
- Good Practice Guidelines for Electronic Patient Record (eHR): Good Practice guidelines for eHR
The Practice’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) is:
Bex Lovewell Data Protection Officer Delt Shared Services Ltd A: Building 2 - DELT, Derriford Business Park, Plymouth, PL6 5QZ E: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any concerns regarding how we handle, store or share your data; please contact the Practice Manager on email@example.com
GP practice transparency notice for DPES for Pandemic Planning & Research
This practice is supporting vital coronavirus (COVID-19) planning and research by sharing your data with NHS Digital.
The health and social care system is facing significant pressures due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Health and care information is essential to deliver care to individuals, to support health, social care and other public services and to protect public health. Information will also be vital in researching, monitoring, tracking and managing the coronavirus outbreak. In the current emergency it has become even more important to share health and care information across relevant organisations. This practice is supporting vital coronavirus planning and research by sharing your data with NHS Digital, the national safe haven for health and social care data in England.
The Practice’s Data Transparency Notice for the GPES Data extractions in relation to pandemic planning & research can be dowloaded from here: General Practice Transparency Notice for GPES Data for Pandemic Planning and Research
Supplementary Privacy Notice for COVID-19
The health and social care system is facing significant pressures due to the Covid-19 outbreak. Health and care information is essential to deliver care to individuals, to support health and social care services and to protect public health. Information will also be vital in researching, monitoring, tracking and managing the outbreak. In the current emergency it has become even more important to share health and care information across relevant organisations.
Our supplementary privacy notice can be viewed here, which is enforced alongside our standard privacy notice which can be found below. COVID supplementary privacy notice
GPES Physical Health Checks for people with Severe Mental Illness (SMI)
NHS England has directed NHS Digital to collect and analyse data in connection with Physical Health Checks for people with Severe Mental Illness.
The data will allow monitoring of progress towards commitments set out in the Five Year Forward View for Mental Health, reiterated in the NHS Long Term Plan and associated Mental Health Implementation Plan, to increase the number of people with Severe Mental Illness receiving physical health checks.
Legal basis for provision of data
NHS Digital has been directed by NHS England under section 254 of the Health and Social Care Act 2012 (2012 Act) to establish and operate a system for the collection and analysis of the information specified for this service.
National Data Opt-Out
From March 2020 Teign Estuary Medical Group are compliant with the National Data Opt-out Programme.
This means that following recommendations from the National Data Guardian (NDG) that “patients should be able to opt-out of their personal confidential data being used for purposes other than their direct medical care.”
A patient has to register their choice to opt-out only once, and that registration applies to all healthcare settings and organisations, not just general practice. They can do this by using one of the following:
- Online service – Patients registering need to know their NHS number or their postcode as registered at their GP practice
- Telephone service 0300 303 5678 which is open Monday to Friday between 0900 and 1700
- NHS App – for use by patients aged 13 and over. The app can be downloaded from the App Store or Google play
- “Print and post”  registration form. Photocopies of proof of applicant’s name (e.g. passport, UK driving licence etc.) and address (e.g. utility bill, payslip etc.) need to be sent with the application. It can take up to 14 days to process the form once it arrives at NHS, PO Box 884, Leeds, LS1 9TZ
Additional resources in alternative formats
NHS Digital has produced a suite of resources for patients in several different formats. If you would like information relating to the Nation Data Opt-Out Programme in a different format, please contact the practice.
Current formats available:
BSL video – Patient information leaflet
Audio CD – Patient information leaflet
Braille version – Patient information leaflet
Easy-read booklet – Patient information leaflet
Written information – In 11 different languages
Please note: The above items are ordered on request from NHS Digital, and there can be a delay in obtaining these due to delivery and stock restrictions; however we will endeavour to fulfil all requests as quickly as possible.